Mustafizur’s much awaited Sussex campaign halted again
Sussex county who had to wait long to avail the services of the Bangaldeshi youngster. He came to Hove and played in two games picking 4 wickets on his debut and returning empty handed in the next. But injured himself making him unavailable. The shoulder injury has again ruled him out of the remainder of Sussex’s group phase matches in the ongoing Royal London One-Day Cup and NatWest T20 Blast. But it is yet to be known if he will go back to Dhaka. Mustafizur’s much awaited Sussex campaign halted again!
The 20 yr old has been in the International circuit for just 1 yr but has already made name for himself as one of the best fast bowlers in Cricket currently atleast in the shorter formats with his canny variations and slower balls. Although he has never been out of form since debut, injuries have been part of his journey.
The Fizz could not take part in the inaugural Pakistan Super League earlier this year due to a shoulder injury he suffered during a Twenty 20 International encounter against Zimbabwe. He then had to sit out mid-way through the 2016 Asia Cup in February with a side strain, followed by injuries to his right hamstring and ankle, the rehabilitation of which nearly kept him out of the Sussex stint. It was said that during his debut season with SRH in IPL he felt he needs some rest.
“The 20-year-old is suffering from a shoulder injury, and, under the direction of the Bangladesh Cricket Board, is due to have a scan this week to ascertain whether or not he will be fit enough to play in any knockout matches should Sussex qualify for the latter stages of either competition,” Sussex County Cricket club said in a statement on Wednesday (July 27).